Elegance

Posted on 6.5.09 - 0 comments -


Elegance, originally uploaded by evantravers.

I love architecture. Especially this kind. Simple, elegant, and beautiful. Lots of light, windows, and bare spaces to be filled by other subjects or just silence.

This is a panorama using my 50mm 1.4. I had a short time and it was the lens I had on, so I just went with it anyway. I think it paid off.

When I shot this, I tried to think a lot about leading lines... but what I ended up with is a peaceful feeling all around instead of a clear subject. I'm looking at it now, and I like it a lot, but I feel like it has no subject. It's more of a landscape than anything else, with the foreground being the floor, the subject being the wall of windows and balustrades, and the background being the ceiling. I guess the focal point of the piece is the farthest window, because it has the highlight on the floor pointing towards it, the left wall balancing it, and all the lines leading toward it. I have discovered I tend to compose the whole scene rather than subjects... feeling of balance in large shapes rather than individual objects. I need to explore more specific subjects... I might discover a whole new way of seeing.

There has been 0 Responses to 'Elegance' so far